The Best Ever SXSW List to Help You Get Organized.
1. CONNECT - 3-Click RSVP to 50+ Events
Not going to lie, this is an app that our super-awesome development team knocked up. And it’s probably the most useful thing on this list.
2. INSTALL - Essential Apps
There are so many useful apps on the market right now to help make your SXSW experience harder, better, faster, stronger. Robert Scoble discusses some that might break out during SXSWi. The comments section also has some useful ideas.
3. READ - 'Last Minute SXSWi Tips'
Buzzshift offer up a few ideas on charging your phones, hashtags & how to party .
4. FOLLOW - Best Twitter accounts & hashtags to monitor
5. PIN - Best resource guide using Pinterest
This is a prime example of using Pinterest to visually aggregate useful SXSW content. Delightful
6. READ - ‘How to Hustle SXSW for Fun & Profit.'
Handy hints from Danielle Morrill, one super-organized lady.
We know you’ll be RSVPing to everything using aforementioned apps and tools *cough, cough*, but these are ones to mark in your planner in BLACK SHARPIE.
3/9 - Startup Weekend, Twilio & Zaarly // Remington Steele DJing plus free drinks at swanky venue, Kingdom.
3/10 - Better Together // Decentralized dance party care of Giftiki and Kiip. Bring your boom boxes and dancing shoes.
3/11 - Buzzmedia Late Night Party @ Purevolume House // Keep the party going at Pure Volume House. Just make sure you pick up your badge earlier in the day.
3/12 - Launchrock & Crosswa.lk Closing Night Party at The Mill. // Follow for more news.
3/13 - Dawes @ Cedar Street Courtyard // Dawes Only show during SXSW!
3/14 - LostINAustin with Niki & The Dove, Pictureplane, Kopecky Family Band // Another piece of blatant self-promotion.
3/15 - Mess With Texas // Featuring every band you’ve ever wanted to see. And their moms!
3/16 - HypeM Hotel curated by super rad blog, I Guess I’m Floating // This space is going to be a hit during SXSW music.
3/17 - Perez Hilton’s One Night In Austin // If you can get an invite to this party, half your luck. Notoriously good.
1. Zipcar of course. Hopefully there will be more cars added to the fleet in time for SXSW.
2. Uber Pedicabs? Will they be back in effect? Or does the Uber crew have more install for us this year? Here’s hoping.
3. Why not rent a bike! Save those pennies for BBQs and beer and get a workout.
1. Foodspotting has teamed up with Chow.com for SXSW Street Food Fest. We’re tipping food trucks aplenty.
They’ve also suggested installing the app to unlock deals and golden tickets on the ground in Austin.
2. Zagat is getting its SXSW on also and has released the ‘Flavor of Austin' restaurant guide to coincide with SXSW. Rather useful if we do say so ourselves. Plus they've got a number of events that involve food, including Crawfish or Cornhole, and Beertails, Bites and Blues.
Rachel Ray’s Feedback Party during music is renowned for bringing the perfect mix of food (obvs) and music. RSVP now and get there early to munch on what might be your best meal during SXSW. *These links are now dead. Info can be found here.
4. Stubb’s Gospel Brunch at the end of SXSW Music is renowned! Last year Eli Paper Boy Roth showed up. We’re tipping this year will be equally as awesome.
— Any other suggestions, hot tips or pointers? Send them our way - family [at] getwillcall dot com.